Saturday 8 August 2015

Hello Deer Card




Hello...

I hope you are all enjoying the summer.  It's been a lovely few days here and the beaches are so busy but as a designer summer bring Christmas projects, so I am here today to share one of the new Craft Asylum dies with you - Proud Deer.  I love this little fella.  It is one of those dies that I know I will use time and time again.  It will never date and coordinates beautifully with any collection.


This year I am challenging myself to make some Christmas cards from non Christmas themed papers.  I have so many pretty papers and it is a shame not to put them to good use, so I am adapting some into my Christmas makes.


For this card I have used the Home Sweet Home 6 x 6" Paper Pad and although the colours aren't traditional Christmas themed with the help of the die it can still produce a real Christmas feel.

Materials:
Home Sweet Home 6 x 6" Paper Pad
Sizzix Thinlits Die Proud Deer By Craft Asylum
Sizzix Thinlits Winter Wishes By Craft Asylum
Framelits Circles
White Card
Kraft Card

Instructions:
1.  Trim a card blank 11.5cm x 18cm.  Trim kraft card and another panel if white cardstock slightly smaller and layer together.

2.  Trim 3 banners from coordinating patterned papers and adhere centrally onto the card.

3.  Trim a strip of kraft card 4cm to fit along the card.  Layer a panel of white.

4.  Doe cut 2 circle and adhere together.  Die cut the Deer and attach to the circle.

5.  Adhere the die cut 'Hello' to the top of the banner and using a computer print the word 'deer'.  Trim and ink the edges.  Attach behind the circle.

6.  Add some adhesive stones to the edge of the banner to complete.

Of course for a different occasion you could simply swap the deer for a butterfly of flower or why not add the Cute Owl from Craft Asylum?   The possibilities are endless but this is a good card sketch to follow when you are stuck for inspiration.


Have a great week.



Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment